Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Photo of Son With Rifle Brings Family Services and Cops

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/19/dad-this-picture-of-my-son-holding-a-gun-triggered-a-visit-from-nj-police-family-services/

Welcome to my totalitarian state of New Jersey-

A Dad posts a photo of his son holding an unloaded rifle (.22 magazine inserted but indicator clearly empty) on Facebook. Someone who saw his post or page decided to pretend to believe that the act of having the child holding the firearm put his life life in danger and drops an anonymous dime to the Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS). One of their Leftist/state control of parents-loving agents shows up at the home with the cops. The agent demands to be directed to the firearms in the household, and interestingly also wrongfully insists that they must all be registered. (Only handguns need be registered in NJ). The Mom, surprised at the intrusion, does let them in but calls her husband to tell him what they want. He of course makes it painfully clear that the only way they will see any guns or search the house is if they have a warrant, which they did not. He also calls his lawyer, who happens to be the best firearms law attorney in NJ - Evan Nappen.

Needless to say, due to the quick thinking of the Mom and Dad, the agent and the cops had to leave disappointed, but as they say, "Don't go away mad, just go away".

From The Blaze-

"We present the un-edited post in Mr. Moore’s own words:

Last night I was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops and dyfs are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe.

I’m instantly on my way. I get in contact with evan Nappen on the way. I explain the situation. I walk in my house and hand the phone to the first cop I see. Then direct all of em outside. Dyfs got a call because of a pic on my son holding a gun. They wanted to look around and check all my guns out, make sure they were all registered. Obviously that didn’t go well because I refused. I had Nappen on speaker phone the entire time so they had to deal with both of us. They kept trying to pressure me to open my safe. They had no warrant, no charges, nothing. I didn’t budge. I was told I was being “unreasonable” and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn’t open my safe. Told me they were gonna get a search warrant. Told em go ahead. Nappen (my lawyer) asked me for the dyfs workers name. she wouldnt give it. i asked for credentials and she wouldnt show em. i tried to take a pic of her and she turned around real fast and walked away. After a while of them threatening to take my kids, get warrants and intimidation they left. Empty handed and seeing nothing.

People it can happen that fast. Most people wouldn’t have stood up to them like I did."

This is how it works now. In the UK, the kids would have no doubt been taken by now. We are not far behind in the US. 

In a bizarre twist on the holier-than-thou mindset, too many people in the US have taken to insist that their shameful refusal to own and be reasonably proficient with at least one firearm should be the rule for everyone else. These sheep commend themselves for informing on the parents that do in fact fulfill their ethical obligation to be ready and able to defend themselves and their community.

Family services agents tend to have the same attitude; that people really should not have guns in the first place. They will seize any opportunity to make a splash by bring the arm of the state crashing down on any parents that dare defy the establishment and actually act like, well, parents.

The tipster will rest content with the satisfaction that he or she informed on the parents. "I can't believe they did that to that poor boy". The problem for the rat is that in NJ, if the Dad, Mom, or other person approved by law was with the boy when the photo was taken, no law was broken. 

"2C:58-6.1 Possession of firearms by minors; exceptions.
(1)In the actual presence or under the direct supervision of his father, mother or guardian, or some other person who holds a permit to carry a handgun or a firearms purchaser identification card, as the case may be;...."

Not only that, but the kid clearly had his finger along the trigger guard, not inside of it.

All people must become versed in the laws of their respective states. State statutes are easy to access via the Internet. Never give consent to a search. If the police do not have a warrant, you cannot be charged for failing to allow them into and have access to your home. The only case in which this may not apply is for state such as Ca., which seems to allow the confiscation of any firearms in the home of someone who has received mental health care and was reported (Correctly or not) to have suicidal thoughts.*

*As a friend of mine (Contributor Scipio) noted today, the Left wants you to kill yourself with the help of a physician when you are old and useless or disabled, but don't you dare kill yourself with a gun.when you can still work and pay taxes. 

The Dad is also an expert on firearms and firearms safety:

"NRA Certified Firearms Instructor – One of the toughest certifications to attain, requiring skills with the weapons as well as teaching.
NRA Certified Range Safety Instructor
NJ State Certified Firearms Hunting Instructor"














1 comment:

  1. Flabbergasted as usual.

    Just when the People's Republic of New Jersey has made me think I SAW IT ALL, they EXCEED my prior expectation of the height of their absurdity.

    Those of us who believe in the Second Amendment no longer can be satisfied by fighting a mere defensive action against these lunatics.

    We must stop compromising with them on any point as they have made their objective clear: incremental erosion of the Second Amendment as part of the overall agenda of undermining Original Intent with respect to Constitutional Interpretation.

    We must start initiatives which are PRO-Second Amendment and be prepared to act similarly on the First and Tenth Amendments, othere targets of attack by these Marxist Statist Fascists.

    ReplyDelete