Sunday, July 22, 2012

Boyfriends Lays Down Life for Girlfriend in Colorado Shooting

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/he-provided-me-the-opportunity-to-survive-woman-describes-how-military-boyfriend-took-a-bullet-for-her-during-shooting/


In response to the pressure from radical Feminists and Leftists, there are, consequently, pathetically few instances of men acting like men in our age.....
"A woman who survived the deadlyAurora, Co. movie theater shooting said her military member boyfriend laid on top of her during the gunfire, taking a bullet and sacrificing his own life to save hers.

Jansen Young said she didn’t realize at first what was happening when alleged gunman James Holmes opened fire on the theater where she was seeing “The Dark Knight Rises” with boyfriend Jon Blunk, according to NBC’s “Today.”

When the shooting started, she said Blunk immediately shoved her to the ground.

“He pushed my hips to the floor and he’s like, Jansen, Jansen get down and stay down,” she said. “He kind of pushed me in under the seat and pushed on me real hard and he was laying up against me, he kind of whispered in my ear, ‘There’s someone with a gun and he’s shooting people.’”

“I didn’t know, but he knew immediately that it was real,” she said.

Young said it wasn’t until she tried to get out of the theater herself that she realized Jon was lifeless.

“I tried to shake him and was saying his name, and like Jon, Jon we’ve got to go,” she said. “I kind of poked my head up at that point and realized oh my gosh, nobody’s in here, it’s just us. There were like a few other heads here and there I could see leaving the theater but really the theater was empty…that’s when I got out and I kept thinking that was…oh my gosh, I think Jon just took a bullet for me.”

“I was thinking about what a great hero he was and he provided me the opportunity to survive,” she said. “He wasn’t just a hero last night, he has been a hero forever,” she said.

She said Blunk had planned to re-enlist in the military, telling her once, “Jansen, I was born to serve my country.”

“He was re-enlisting it was just what he wanted to do and he loved it,” she said. “He saved me and he gave me the opportunity to live, he would have done it for anyone that day…that’s just who he was.”

Young said she doesn‘t know what she’s going to do now.

“I can’t fathom not coming home to Jon,” she said. “I don‘t even know at this point if I’m willing to stay in Colorado. Three days ago I was coming back to Colorado because I was going to live with Jon, be with Jon. What am I coming back here for?' "



The Left and their cultural allies seek to remove all distinctions, of culture, religion, class, gender, etc. The thought of men being men literally kills them. 


Upon being asked by his wife what she should do if he was killed in battle against the Persians, King Leonidas of Sparta responded, "Marry a good man, and have children".


No one disputes that Jon Blunk would have preferred to survive the shooting and have a chance to live a life, love someone, have children, and make his place in society. He, however, recognized that people occasionally find themselves in circumstances that require them to act, and decisively so. 


For Jon, it was more important that a lady, and especially one for whom he cared, be the one to survive if getting out safely was not possible for both of them.


He knew that, as a man, he had a job to do.


I hope that other men will recall his example if they are faced with similar circumstances.





No comments:

Post a Comment