Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Marine Corporal Rips Feinstein on Her Gun Control Plans


This post treats the letter by Marine Corporal Joshua Boston to Senator Diane Feinstein regarding her gun control proposals*. His letter will be quoted after the following:
*http://www.theblaze.com/stories/sen-feinstein-posts-proposed-assault-weapons-legislation-and-it-includes-provisions-on-handguns-and-grandfathered-weapons/

To cast some light on the mood of the totalitarians, this is what we are up against. It far surpasses even Feinstein:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/iowa-paper-publishes-radical-anti-gun-column-if-people-refused-to-give-up-their-guns-prying-them-from-their-cold-dead-hands-works-for-me/

"In an opinion column published in the Des Moines Register on Dec. 29, columnist Donald Kaul is uncensored in his disdain for the Second Amendment and anyone who values their right to bear arms. In his column, he calls for a full repeal of the Second Amendment, advocates for violence against Republican leaders “until they see the light on gun control” and declares the National Rifle Association a terrorist organization......

"I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control,” Kaul wrote. “And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures.......

“Here, then, is my ‘madder-than-hell-and-I’m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore’ program for ending gun violence in America:

• Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a “well-regulated militia.” We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.

• Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that ‘prying the guns from their cold, dead hands’ thing works for me.' "


Now, for Cpl. Boston's letter-

There is a lot of confusion about the Marine Corps shout of approval. Marines yell "OO-Rah!**" when they are in favor of what was said, is about to be done, or has been accomplished.
It is often misstated by non-military types as "Hoo-rah" This is a mistaken mix of the Army shout of "Hoo'ah" and the Navy Seal "Hoo-yah".

**This most likely was adopted from the late 18th to early 19th century French cry of "Hurrah" (The 'H' is silent in French). The US military was influenced greatly by French military advisers.

For his letter, Cpl. Boston gets the loudest OO-Rah! this former Marine has ever uttered. Note that he specifically notes that he is talking about his own firearms and that he does not seek an exemption for military or police personnel.
This is an example of why Marines still affectionately call each other "Devil Dogs":


"Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl,
United States Marine Corps
2004-2012"


Every gun owner in the United States must be willing to stand his or her ground like this Marine did. The outlawing of legally-owned firearms will, as will mandatory registration, turn millions of law-abiding, tax-paying, and honest Americans into criminals. We must let them know that, if they choose to go this route, the blame will be on them for effectively declaring war on peaceful citizens. 

We cannot let the labors and sacrifices of those who staked their "lives, fortunes, and sacred honor" to make this nation be left to rot. Our elected representatives must be contacted and be made aware that we did not ask for this fight, They need to be informed that we will not roll over and turn in our newly-outlawed firearms and meekly register what guns remain legal under any new legislation. We cannot acquiesce to being treated like criminals when we purchase ammunition either.

-From John Locke's Second Treatise of Government:
(Note that, out of all political thinkers, Locke's words exerted the greatest influence on our Founders.)

http://www.constitution.org/jl/2ndtr03.htm

Italics and bolding are added.
"Sec. 17. And hence it is, that he who attempts to get another man into his absolute power, does thereby put himself into a state of war with him; it being to be understood as a declaration of a design upon his life: for I have reason to conclude, that he who would get me into his power without my consent, would use me as he pleased when he had got me there, and destroy me too when he had a fancy to it; for no body can desire to have me in his absolute power, unless it be to compel me by force to that which is against the right of my freedom, i.e. make me a slave. To be free from such force is the only security of my preservation; and reason bids me look on him, as an enemy to my preservation, who would take away that freedom which is the fence to it; so that he who makes an attempt to enslave me, thereby puts himself into a state of war with me. He that, in the state of nature, would take away the freedom that belongs to any one in that state, must necessarily be supposed to have a foundation of all the rest; as he that in the state of society, would take away the freedom belonging to those of that society or commonwealth, must be supposed to design to take away from them every thing else, and so be looked on as in a state of war.

Sec. 18. This makes it lawful for a man to kill a thief, who has not in the least hurt him, nor declared any design upon his life, any farther than, by the use of force, so to get him in his power, as to take away his money, or what he pleases, from him; because using force, where he has no right, to get me into his power, let his pretence be what it will, I have no reason to suppose, that he, who would take away my liberty, would not, when he had me in his power, take away every thing else. And therefore it is lawful for me to treat him as one who has put himself into a state of war with me, i.e. kill him if I can; for to that hazard does he justly expose himself, whoever introduces a state of war, and is aggressor in it."


I will post any information that I get concerning a standard nationwide oath to protect our freedoms as soon as possible.

With a tip of the hat to Vlad Tepes (His blog is on my blogroll on the right of this page), I give the reply of the Spartan King Leonidas when the Greeks at Thermopylae were ordered by the Persians to lay down their arms:
                                                               Molon Labe
                                                         "Come and take them."
                                          Modern English Rendering- "Come and get them."
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment